- ceb_log todo BMdoc notes hours_1012 hours_1101 hours_1102 hours_1103 lifefix_log T
- garden12 ; emg_2009 ; Enc_2010 ; AKENC ; Kknee1 ; Br46_v1 gps1 ; lifefix ; battery ; loadwasher ; elecdog ; Brushless_control ; ceb_misc_prj ; pf_top_nav ; T
- 1 mon nov 1
- 2 tue nov 2
- 3 wed nov 3
- 4 thur nov 4
- 5 fri nov 5
- 6 sat nov 6
- 7 sun nov 7
- 8 mon nov 8
- 9 tue nov 9
- 10 wed nov 10
- 11 thu nov 11
- 12 fri nov 12
- 13 sat nov 13
- 14 sun nov 14
- 15 mon nov 15
- 16 tue nov 16
- 17 wed nov 17
- 18 thur nov 18
- 19 fri nov 19
- 20 sat nov 20
- 21 sun nov 21
- 22 mon nov 22
- 23 tue nov 23
- 24 wed nov 24
- 25 thur nov 25
- 26 fri nov 26
- 27 sat nov 27
- 28 sun nov 28
- 29 mon nov 29
- 30 tue nov 30
mon nov 1
- 1 hr
- layout ENC3e and programmer boards. Order pins.
- 11a - 8p
- BB first day.
- test firmware re energy usage calcs
- discuss battery board w/CW
- discuss BS encoder w/DG
- layout BS and encoders.
tue nov 2
- 1:15p -7:45pm -1hr
- at 222
- 2hr : meet w/RC at legals to discuss role at 222
wed nov 3
- 30 mins
- improve sensor programmer board mounting holes.
- 0.5 + 2:30p - 9:15p
- discuss project status w/AB
- discuss IW role w/RC
- meet w/BB
- submitted IW10g
thur nov 4
- PCB design / layout, spi2asc1 improvements.
- 1:30p - 8pm
- python intro to ZH, uses trajectory mode.
- discuss project status w/BB
- submitted IW10h to SPE
fri nov 5
- outline of memory map communications protocol.
- 3p - 5:30p
- discuss dashboard project w/ZH
- design review w/JS
sat nov 6
- interview Jeff
- interview Evelyn
- discuss inteviews
- discuss punchlist and projects w/GG & RC
- partial assembly batrcp2
- investigate #8 encoder
sun nov 7
- 2 hrs
- relocate directories for SVN
- develop design doc for calibration tables
- 4pm - 8:15p
- cut PCBs for battery, partial assembly
- develop BOMs for battery boards. Complete digikey order.
- develop design doc for calibration tables
mon nov 8
- 9am - 10:05a
- meeting w/RC and GG on encoder; 2nd w/RC, GG, DG, DG, K re testing and manuf
- 11:25a - 10:15p
- contact OB re BillP
- discuss testing project w/BB
- discussion w/CW, KK, and GG re requirements
- finalize digikey order, locate new fuse holders
- develop batrcp2_iw10g documentation
- located 5 additional AKENC3d
- worked w/AB and GG to debug PDA connection app.
tue nov 9
- TODO : prepare AKENC3e documentation
- TODO : meet w/AB re calb tables and JM+AP re PDA
- 1:35hr - Oct admin plus emails
- 11:45 - 9:15p
- tested robot joint ankle encoder - found that it contained the large magnet structure
- met w/AB re calb_tables
- met w/JM and AB re PDA
- teaching AB on acuousic mode
- assisted with acoustic measurements
Acoustic mode is a control mode that assisting with the acoustic study on the robot. The basic behavior is to move the robot back/forth with the motor controller voltage mode between two position limits and a adjustable constant speed. The limits are based on the motor encoder. After the motor position passes though a limit, the qVq (motor command voltage) sign is switched, but the actual applied qVq (applied motor voltage) passes though a double exponential filter to avoid jerk. If the motor is stalled, the motor current will increase significantly when operating in voltage mode. Thus extreme care needs to be exercised to avoid impacting the hardstops when qVq is larger than ~2000.
To include acoustic mode ability in the robot, the compile time flag BUILD_WITH_ACOUSTIC needs to be included. In general, for safety, released firmware could should not have it enabled.
The acoustic mode control screen is select with the key '5'. The follow additional key bindings are operational:
- E enable / disable acoustic mode
- qw move low and high limits together (q -> move forward)
- az increase / decrease max/min range of motion (s -> large amplitude)
- sx increase / decrease qVq
- Vmotor = qVq/32768 * supply voltage; when stalled, Imotor (amps) is approximately 4 * Vmotor!!!!
- gb increase / decrease anti-jerk tau
- keep parameter < 1.0. Jerk increases as the parameters approach 1.0.
- hn increase / decrease timeout for automatic sign reversal
- units are 'tics' (2mS). A value of 250 is good.
wed nov 10
- TODO : PCBs and Dig order will arrive
- 30 mins document acoustic mode
- 9am - 11am
- emails, review test design
- 1:30pm - 1am
- design review w/BB, GG, RC, JS
- build #8 for high-res encoder testing
- debug batrcp2v2 board (IW10G) many assembly problems
thu nov 11
- 30 min
- discuss assembly with MM
- setup meetings
- 1:30p - 10:40p -1.5h w/RC
- meet w/AB to discuss pytohn
- board assembly - assembled 3 of batrcp2 IW10h
fri nov 12
- 12:30 - 1:50p
- direct board assembly
- develope BATRCP2 requirements and tests
- meet w/RC on status
- test BATRCP2 boards
- modify BATRCP2 for 3.3V used as shutoff, later found robot didn't shut off w/LV
- investigate low shutof issue
- AC issue
- discuss w/BB ESD and ADC operation; we can probably switch to single sample reads of all ADC channels.
sat nov 13
- 10:15a - 11:15a
- 12:15p - 7:30p
- build AKENC5a
- develop 3rd encoder ECO, update Twiki
- modify MC firmware for same
- email GG, CA, DG, RC results of encoder and necessary ECOs for #17
sun nov 14
- attempt to resolve VPN and SMTP issues
- partial assembly BATMOD1, looking for missing PFET components
- organize components in office.
- attempt to reorder PFETs, out of stock, need to find sub (find several, some better!)
- prepare ENC3e docs for MM assembly.
mon nov 15
- 8:50am - 10:55a
- emails, organize work from CA, GG sync w/GG
- review RB firmware, send suggestions.
- 12:50p- 10:35p
- check status of ENC build
- investigate ZH drive recovery
- spoke w/KH - works Norwood, lives Fall River, is flexible 27.45*1.5
- review ZH drive data, seems to be finding 'doc' and 'jpg' signatures inside binary data files.
- review Rev300, 301 schematics
- assemble Y cable and test ENC3e
- review SC firmware for PDA. Email suggestions.
- modify MC firmware to add long setup clock pulse
- test ENC3e and ENC5a with Y cable.
tue nov 16
- 9:15a - 11pm -30 -1
- prepare ENC3e docs for L-tronics.
- http://www.mrg-inc.com/ jmckenna@ Jim McKenna
- discuss robot boot / kitmod issue w/RC
- PDA meeting w/JM, HH, Brian, AB, GG, TM
- discuss IMU w/JS and GG
- discuss ADC w/BB
- rebuild ENC stencil
- discuss ENC build w/RC; order 20 components sets
- add PFETs to BATMOD1 and test;
wed nov 17
- 7:20a - 9:30p -1hr
- start hash_database development
- python calb table dev
thur nov 18
- 7:35a - 10:30a
- python calb table dev
- 11:30a - 11:55p
- discuss HALT requirements w/DG. update python and special command docs
- discuss ECOs and rework w/CA. Email to MPD re additional 302 ECO
- discuss Android app w/AB. Will be Java. She will re-develop PFCMD code.
- assist w/#17 stiff shell, and 13 bit ENC - with no PFF, find that torque varies 120 to 155 NM from slow to fast. probably explains why not Kmode is needed.
- start mod firmware to support calb_table_2010
- experiment with BS and MILE encoder; matlab to verify.
fri nov 19
- 9:10a - 11:15a
- ballscrew encoder analysis
- 1:10p - 6:30p
- discuss w/CA operation of new encoder
- discuss w/RC project status, and 22 release plan
- discuss w/DG status of belt cover
- discuss w/GG new SVN layout.
- batmod3 circuit design (will include micropower LDO and hall sensor)
- batrcp3 routing
sat nov 20
- debug problem with SVN tree history, create new 22 trunk folders.
- testing robot calb table development
- rework shared object table, and hash table data structure.
- verified command 164
- 1pm - 3:15pm
- python hash table dev
- 6:25p - 7:05p
sun nov 21
- 7:40a - 9:05a (1:25)
- 10:20a- 11:20a (1)
- python development; working on linking robot objects to the hash_table and hash_database
- 12:05p - 1:35p (1:30)
- 6:50p- 10:05p (3:15)
- major progress sending of the header string and decoding it into dictionaries
- all the remains is reading of text files and matching the sections, items with dictionaries and using mem_write!
mon nov 22
- 7:15a- 12:35 (-1.5hr)
- python tables to KVF development.
- project status w/L-tronics
- 2:45p - 4p
- 7p - 9:30p
- read a calb file, write or update robot
- read robot tables, write to KVF
tue nov 23
- 8:05a - 9pm (-30 min)
- batmod pcb2
- add switch mods to BATRCP3
- IW10J board submission : BATMOD3, BATRCP3, BATCHR3, AKENC3F, AKENC5a, PRG3f, BPRG3f
- discuss UL with DkG
- discuss PDA and Python w/AB
- discuss IMU w/JS
- discuss battery feature plan w/RC
wed nov 24
- 8:45a - 10:45a +20
- discuss fiducials w/Adam, add them to the IW10j panel - email ProtoE re need to include them.
- kit AKENC5a, deliver to L-tronics
- 11:30-8:20p -30
- make BOMs and kits when possible for the 3 BAT designs, determine what needs to be ordered.
- discuss IMU issue w/JS; propose workaround - PDA will check on status and display an ICON
- create DOCs (PDFs, gerbers, GWKs, etc) for 5 designs in the robot
- digikey order to complete BATRCP3 build -> direct to L-t
thur nov 25
- 8:35a - 11:10a
- eeprom table development
- custom build script in python.
- 12:55p - 3:40p
- refactor code
- adding table support
fri nov 26
- 6:15a - 7:30am
- get clean compile of code.
- 11a - 1:05p
- upload massive changes
- 3:15p - 5:40p
- continue firmware testing
- develop new do_command command line options
- 6:25p - 8:15p
- new tables used in firmware
sat nov 27
- 8:45a - 1:15p
- parser header testing
- 3:20p- 6:35p
- python development,
- firmware development
- testing IMU mem read / write
- do command improvement.
- move logging and EEaccess to main loop. won't delay sending of MC, IMU command
- possibly at power on, format the EEPROM flash if it is not
- IMU EEPROM read mem doesn't appear to work (read RAM and flash work)
- SC manuf EEPROM doesnt read / write correctly (at least not w/do_command)
- discuss includes within includes
sun nov 28
- 7:45a - 9:00a
- rewrite key_value_file
- 10:15a - 1:15p
- success test writing table to EE
- python documentation, emails
- would be good to be able to transform a table read from RAM into one to EEPROM
- need to add CRC and hash to EEPROM tables.
mon nov 29
- 7:20a - 8:20a
- emails, documentation, update walkparm load alg and table header format
- 10a - 12:25p
- remove SG from firmware
- review MC firmware for encoder hardcode
- check in ENC3d home firmware.
- discussion w/JS re operation of EEaccess and logging
- review battery board progress w/CA CW
- merge latest python in to the H22 trunk
- testing of #18 w/latest firmware
- done : get 5a parts to L-tron
- test high res encoder, can it be used ?
tue nov 30
- 6:30a - 8:15a
- organize python scripts for pushing into H22 trunk
- email BB on docs
- email GG, JS on firmware testing status.
- 11a - 2:15p
- firmware to component MPD packets.
- look into keys issue.
- 3pm - 10:30pm
- work w/JS to find / fix EEPROM bugs, we also discover a way to debug / test IMU after 'stuning'
- merge SS to H22 trunk
- fix memread bugs in firmware and SS
- new robo config dev
- meet w/HH