From DIDEAS Wiki
- 1 MAY 2010
- 1.1 sat may 1
- 1.2 sun may 2
- 1.3 mon may 3
- 1.4 tue may 4
- 1.5 wed may 5
- 1.6 thur may 6
- 1.7 fri may 7
- 1.8 sat may 8
- 1.9 sun may 9
- 1.10 mon may 10
- 1.11 tue may 11
- 1.12 wed may 12
- 1.13 thur may 13
- 1.14 fri may 14
- 1.15 sat may 15
- 1.16 sun may 16
- 1.17 mon may 17
- 1.18 tue may 18
- 1.19 wed may 19
- 1.20 thur may 20
- 1.21 fri may 21
- 1.22 sat may 22
- 1.23 sun may 23
- 1.24 mon may 24
- 1.25 tue may 25
- 1.26 wed may 26
- 1.27 thur may 27
- 1.28 fri may 28
- 1.29 sat may 29
- 1.30 sun may 30
- 1.31 mon may 31
sat may 1
3.5 hrs - renishaw development - develope IC code
sun may 2
- 2 hrs, how to connect SSI to P32
- 8pm - 10:45p
- develope renishaw SSI code, timing
- servo robot, observe IC outputs, collect data on velocity, matlab analysis
mon may 3
- 3 hrs - meet with HH and GG re SM
tue may 4
- 15 min - discuss FF with DG
- 15 min w/HH
wed may 5
- 11am to 10pm working on RLS
thur may 6
- 8:45a -
- 10 hrs
- RMB replacement design.
- on w/CA on details of how to have wire leave the PCA
fri may 7
- 12 hrs
- discuss no-component areas of PCB w/CA and CW.
- finalize RMB desin that uses 16 bits bi-polar differential ADCs
- finalize the RMB replacement. submit PCBs for fab. need to submit silk screens
sat may 8
- 6 hrs
- created new AKENC4 using the AM256Q
sun may 9
- 6 hrs
- started writing code for AKENC, found problems in the PCBs
- corrected problems in akenc2 and akenc3 pcbs.
- updated parts data base for akenc, in preparation for the order.
mon may 10
- 12 hrs
- discuss with SPE the state of affairs for the PCAs
- continue rework of akencX,
- add DAC to akenc4
- document ECOs for use of SSI on Rev300 hardware.
- digikey parts order
- software development for akencX
tue may 11
- 8:45a - 10pm
- code development for XLP and AM8192
- deal with fedex on delivery delays
- start assembly and testing ENC3
- apply ENC ECOs to SC-300-10, begin testing
- bring up UART
wed may 12
- code testing
- cut PCBs (-2.5 hrs misc at mit)
- dinner w/RC. (-1hr)
- move equipment to new space.
thur may 13
9:50am - 10:50 pm
- look for QNF28 ZIF, contact various sources for availability
- complete assembly
- debug EEPROM emulation for AM8192
- fix RLS power on circut (was stuck on due to very required Vgsth)
- place digikey order for ZIF
fri may 14
- 9:30a - 1:15pm
- rewrite IIC emulator statemachine
sat may 15
- 10am - 4pm -45
- iic emulator
sun may 16
- 8:45- 10:30pm, -1.5
- completed IIC emulator
- debug SSI interface
- looking into ADC CS issue
mon may 17
- 9:00a-10:30p -1.5
- change config bit - ADC cs working, WDT
- routing of RMK3B1 compatible
- change sample rate to 50khz, review ADC noise distro - rather large (+-200 LSBs!)
tue may 18
- 7:10a - 1:20am -2hrs
- RMK3b1 layout, make measurements on holder
- IW10dc submission
- assemble 2nd AKENC3
wed may 19
- 9:30am - 11:30p
- complete assembly of 2nd AKENC3 and debug
- review boost converter schematic, recommendations for how to implement PWM pulse skip
- get SSI and ADCs operational
- working on communication between robot and sensor board.
- discuss w/RC how best to proceed. whats to wrap with MILE.
thur may 20
- 8:15a-10:30p : -30, -15
- testing of IC for incremental encoder
- robot communication code development
- looking for PCBs
- discuss communication errors w/GG
- implment atan2 in integer.
- find problem with ADCs when MC sends more than 50 SSI msgs per sec / less than 100
fri may 21
- investigate issue of ADC data corruption when MC is query >50msg per sec.
- discussed comm error w/HH, email GG possible solutions
- prepare PDFs of sch, pcb for assembly
- 8:40a - 1:30pm
- 3pm - 9:15pm
- setup workspace
- issue with computer installation of 3.23 compiler - code won't build.
- work w/CA re wiring AKENC3
- digikey order.
sat may 22
- 7:30a - 5:05pm -45
- design and implement more robust MC - AKENC SSI protocol. Use timer to pace the SSI clock.
- reinstall compiler tools. change MC firmware to run w/V3.23 compiler.
- assembly of ZIFQFN, AKENC3m, AKENC4m
sun may 23
- 4pm - 10:30pm -2 hrs.
- continue assembly AKENC3m, AKENC4m
- during testing of AKENC3m, it appears to fail - can't program
- setup 4m target map, initial testing
- digikey order for AkencXX
mon may 24
- 8:30am - 5:30pm -30
- issue with component mixup (caps and resistor switched?)
- complete assembly AKENC4m
- modify wifi_fast to identify baudrate and packet size miss match - and give clear messages.
tue may 25
- 9am - 11:50p -1.5hr
- sent initial firmware to GG and long email to describe.
- complete repair, assembly AKENC3m
- assist ED w/code architecture related to SWIFI, and dataport.
- tracing timing issues in MC main loop
- working on CRC issue
wed may 26
- 9am - 12:05am -2.25 hr
- continue exploring / fixing causes of the CRC communication issue
- created paste files for akenc, sent to Ltroics
- made AKENC3 (1st serial) operational for testing of PCA on H2
- assist ED w/code architecture related to SWIFI, and dataport - needed to use correct ser PORT
- basic docs for AKENC 
- email GG re firmware, compiler issue.
- AKENC3d ADCs working, setup/ran experiment to observe velocity
thur may 27
- 30 mins : GG re compiler bugs w/PIC24F and how to fix.
- 30 mins : update target map files, email GG
- 20 mins : GG re magnet
- 1 hr : discuss wifi.py operation under linux, data synchronization, need for start
/stop command. Email ED, GG re the same.
fri may 28
- 2 hrs : investigate ADC issue (when MC is asking for 40 bit SSI). Found AM256Q buffered outputs non-functional. Em RC, GG.
- 30m : email ED re firmware usge, GG re AKENC assembly, and request for V2.
sat may 29
14:20pm - 5:45p; 9:00p-11:45pm
- fixed ADC issue
- correct MC missing trigger
- discussion w/HH re plan
- investigate CRC errors, collect data on error rates as various parameters are adjusted.
sun may 30
- 10:30a - 4:15p
- rewrite analog for higher sample rate
- create processing loop for computing velocity in background
- discussion w/RC re status and plan
- clean up AAS firmware for clean compile
- add global and system parametrs to MC to turn on / off features; update all MC projects w/new files
mon may 31
- 8:50a -3:30pm -2.5hrs
- experiments with using SPI for SSI master and slave