From DIDEAS Wiki
- 1 Dec 2009
- 2 tue dec 1
- 3 wed dec 2
- 4 thu dec 3
- 5 fri dec 4
- 6 sat dec 5
- 7 sun dec 6
- 8 mon dec 7
- 9 tue dec 8
- 10 wed dec 9
- 11 thur dec 10
- 12 fri dec 11
- 13 sat dec 12
- 14 sun dec 13
- 15 mon dec 14
- 16 tue dec 15
- 17 wed dec 16
- 18 thur dec 17
- 19 fri dec 18
- 20 sat dec 19
- 21 sun dec 20
- 22 mon dec 21
- 23 tue dec 22
- 24 wed dec 23
- 25 thur dec 24
- 26 fri dec 25
- 27 sat dec 26
- 28 sun dec 27
- 29 mon dec 28
- 30 tue dec 29
- 31 wed dec 30
- 32 thur dec 31
- run experiment to verify INC and MILE
- save step response with static_test.py
- make more BT boards
- hall sensor for knee
- matlab plot INI file.
- digikey: order flex cables,
- make PCBs for eddy current sense
- measure resistance on boot (incorporate into mode2)
- implement thermal model, w/updates from resistance measurement.
- get LF potential function
- add "text code" into the ASC output from SWIFI
- pickle with robo config to make parameter restoration easier.
tue dec 1
- lab office moving problem
wed dec 2
- HH 15 min
thu dec 3
- 15 min : phone discussion w/GG re lifefix
- 20 mins : SH
- 15 min : phone discussion w/HH and GG re operation of PP
fri dec 4
- 45 mins on eddy current sensor - calculate inductance and Q factor.
- 1:10 discuss w/GG overview of the lifefix, and derivatives of the linear hall sensor
- 30 mins analyze linear hall sensor data, email plots and assessment
- 35 mins phone GG (1:33pm)
- 39 mins phone GG (2:55pm)
- thesis with reference to planer inductor calculation : http://etd.fcla.edu/SF/SFE0000144/John_Capwell_Thesis.pdf
- seminal work : R. Remke and G. Burdick, "Spiral Inductors for Hybrid and Microwave Applications," IEEE 1974 Electronic Components Conference, pp. 152-161
sat dec 5
- working on knee code
sun dec 6
- 30 mins - experiments with Eddy current sensor.
- working on knee code
mon dec 7
- 1pm - 5:20p
- meet w/ HH and GG to explore tuning and PFF
- meet w/ GG to discuss code
- discuss EMI freqs w/DkG
tue dec 8
- 1pm - 6.30p
- tuning w/HH
- code mods w/GG
- assist w/BT issue
- assist w/LF issues
- looking into cause of LF UDP to PC issue
wed dec 9
- 10 min discussion w/RC re lifefix interlock
- 2pm - 7pm
- set running of LF, resulting on motor overheat
- continue LF discussion, stratagies for avoiding failures
- add retry for motor temperature measurment
- exponential increase in cooling time
- modify firmware to open motor leads in mode 0
- add jr3 min, max to run lifefix
- 3 wRC (11:45a)
- 12 wRC (1pm)
- 1 ED
- ED 7 (11:10p)
- ED 8 (12:28am)
thur dec 10
- 10am - 12n
- code improvements re run_lifefix_v2 (add time difference)
- SVN updates re lifefix
- discuss w/ED JR3 issue
- discuss w/RC re MILE status
- 12:30p - 1:45p
- will add code to encoder position and drift.
- added code to cause zero LF robot motor current when the thrust scale factor is reduced
- discuss w/DG LF status and motor needs, will build 2nd LFrobot for testing. we will run potential function
- 6:15p - 8:45p
- disuss w/GG and DG lifefix improvements
- test and improve lifefix code, looking into cause of JR3 timing anomaly.
- 11:00p - 1:45a
- work with MILE encoder
fri dec 11
- 10am - 9pm -0.5 -1.15
- phone w/ED re how to get MC to get past commutation, fix the code
- at IW to help with LF
- assist DG and CA to make in-system motor resistance measurement - seems to be lots of variability
- improvements to LF code.
- command line options to set min run interval and total run duration
- small thrust will zero motor current and reduce PI parameters
- phone w/RN re boost conveter, review HR_PWM module for dspic
sat dec 12
- reviewing charge amp code for how errors are processed, code up improvements and partially test
- review LF status, send email
- 2:30p - 9pm
- testing Rev300 SC/MC, testing mile encoder
- modify SC and MC code to work on Rev300 hardware
- get bench test program running.
sun dec 13
- 10a - 2:30 p
- testing the EEPROM keys, add support into benchtest
- verify keys can run a script file
- make use of the keys in motor_init, etc.
- experiment with playing JR3 output as a sound file.
- email DG re status of fixture.
- 4p - 1:10am (-2hr) (-1hr)
- matlab compilation of plot_lifefix to standalone
- developing procedure to bring up new boards. Benchtest_users#prepare_a_new_board
- fix timing issue with mile encoder firmware - make more compliant with "Fast mode spec"
mon dec 14
- 10am - 1:30 am (yes ~15 hrs) - 45 mins
- prepare for meeting with RC and RN
- RC boost converter pre-meeting
- RC & RN meeting
- GG, DkG, RC battery and system architecture meeting
- meeting with DG re lifefix.
- create lifefix static_test program
- C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\bin
- c:/Program Files/MATLAB/R2007b/bin/win32/mexopts/msvc80engmatopts.bat
tue dec 15
- 10am - 10pm - 1hr
- emails re LTF status
- static_test.py development
- email GG re swifi plotting, and how to change data
- discussion with RC re GG software project
- at IW, assist GG with PP hold software
- discuss w/RC bio results and compare with robot.
- work with DG on LTF experiment
- continue static test development, logging of data, start (multi hour) run.
wed dec 16
- 11a - 1:30p
- review LTF data, write view program for DG, send email summary.
- 2:30p - 7pm (-20)
- send CA info on order Wiport, setup BT wiki page.
- discuss w/GG operation of robot 'sensors.c'
- discuss w/ED status of move_ecat
- improve charge amp class to do automatic tx read
- various emails.
- change static_test to zero charge amp only at the start, and call move_ecat only once per position change
- re-run static_test with better force measurement
- 30 mins
- review INC-MILE data, document the encoder difference
- review LFT static test status
thur dec 17
- 9am - 11:15 pm -1 -30
- LTF analysis, documenting in wiki
- assistance w/GG HH re spld tuning
- assist with writing code for spld
- discuss LTF w/DG
- perform LTF sine sweep and analysis.
fri dec 18
- 1 hr boost converter - review schematic, email
sat dec 19
- 2 hrs - LTF analysis
- 2p-9:30p - 30 : OOO
- verify processing of spi Rx message
sun dec 20
- 6 hrs : OOO
- develope use of X-macros
- code to get/set parameters
- discuss with HH code dev plan
mon dec 21
- 1 hr - OOO : code to get/set parameters, document same
- discuss with GG status
- discuss w/HH algorithm plan tork = k*(th-thQ) where thQ = -beta*theta_H^2
- implement algorithm and test on HH (controller_ppf)
- discuss new algorithm and implement new algorithm which is successful
- recode screen to make easy for tuning.
- review LTF science, and encoder code.
tue dec 22
- 3 hrs
- email CA status of LD2
- discuss w/HH detailed operation of TC controller.
- document / describe tail spring controller
wed dec 23
- 2 hrs - LTF data, analysis, create plots
- 45 min discuss w/RC and DG re LTF status and Tuesday study lockup causes, changes.
thur dec 24
- 2 hrs
- LTF analysis
- phone ED network router problem
- 5pm - 10pm
- experiments with LTF - looking for cause of torque ripple
- torque ripple appears to be related to mode2 - as
- changed tk_mot.InitUserParms to take an encoder resolution parameter.
fri dec 25
- 2 hr
- LTF MC code development - explored memory usage issues
- scaled white noise table, created in C
- tested LTF FLASH thrust table
- code to adjust encoder resolution to arbitrary value
- with encoder resolution off by one, verified that motion stops after ~250 rotations
- 1 hr
- create a JR3 log program separate from the supporting class.
- review encoder data and parameter synchronization
- test stimulation new functions
sat dec 26
- ran the LTF dynamic experiments, converted data, documented on wiki, and email DG
- 30m admin
sun dec 27
- 30 review and purchase replacement monitor
- analysis of white noise and sine sweeps.
- meet w/RC 4legals - discuss MILE enc, eddy current sensor, LTF results.
- 1.5 hrs - OOO - complete coding of "process_parameters". thinking better to have a single param list and use const static size field.
mon dec 28
- 2.5 hrs
- many emails re LTF
- review LTF data
- create new MC firmware with new white noise stimulus table.
- 30 mins phone DG discuss LTF
- 1.5 hrs phone w/DG discuss LTF, bring up new firmware and run white noise test
- 30 mins LTF complete tests and data conversion
tue dec 29
- 30 mins - assist CA and GG with present version of firmware, and documentation for PCB layout.
- 3pm - 8:30p
- discuss with DG LTF white noise results
- discuss w/GG Rev300 software merge
- show CA and GG how to reprogram a Wiport
wed dec 30
- 30m emails DG and GG
- assist GG and CA w/SIFI firmware
- locate cause of RPM and qIq issues on MC firmware, caused by scaling error with MILE
- update LTF with new MC firmware and test.
thur dec 31
- admin - review work from late nov
- 30 mins
- EMG development.