From DIDEAS Wiki
- 1 Nov 2009
- 2 mon nov 30
- 3 sun nov 29
- 4 sat nov 28
- 5 fri nov 27
- 6 thur nov 26
- 7 wed nov 25
- 8 tue nov 24
- 9 mon nov 23
- 10 sun nov 22
- 11 sat nov 21
- 12 fri nov 20
- 13 thur nov 19
- 14 wed nov 18
- 15 tue nov 17
- 16 mon nov 16
- 17 sun nov 15
- 18 sat nov 14
- 19 fri nov 13
- 20 thur nov 12
- 21 wed nov 11
- 22 tue nov 10
- 23 mon nov 9
- 24 sun nov 8
- 25 sat nov 7
- 26 fri nov 6
- 27 thur nov 5
- 28 wed nov 4
- 29 tue nov 3
- 30 mon nov 2
- 31 sun nov 1
- order flex cables
- make PCBs for eddy current sense
- measure resistance on boot (incorporate into mode2)
- implement thermal model, w/updates from resistance measurement.
- incorporate JR3 into LF
- get LF potential function
- add "text code" into the ASC output from SWIFI
- pickle with robo config to make parameter restoration easier.
mon nov 30
- LLL - working on knee firmware at 12:15
- 2 hrs - calls / email through the day.
sun nov 29
- 3 hrs
- develop code to estimate core losses for various inductors.
- meet w/RC to discuss boost converter
- submit matlab code to calculate boost converter losses
- LLL - submit SVN knee updates
sat nov 28
- 6 hrs
- discuss w/ED JR3 code issue
- monitor lifefix status
- derive equations for boost converter losses
- develop code to simulate converter losses.
- RC 1
- ED 6
- PIC32 peripheral libary : http://www.johnloomis.org/microchip/docs/32-bit-Peripheral-Library-Guide.pdf
- USB framework : http://www.microchip.com/stellent/idcplg?IdcService=SS_GET_PAGE&nodeId=2680&dDocName=en537044
- microchip tcpid state : http://www.microchip.com/stellent/idcplg?IdcService=SS_GET_PAGE&nodeId=2680&dDocName=en537041
- Microchip enternet : http://www.microchip.com/stellent/idcplg?IdcService=SS_GET_PAGE&nodeId=2504
- SPI ethernet controller :  http://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/DeviceDoc/39662c.pdf
fri nov 27
- 11:30a - 1:30p
- reviewed emails re lifefix
- reviewed controls for copley
- looking into methods to use safety fets to stop the lifefix
- worked with DG re restarting LF
- 3pm - 9pm
- discuss w/ED JR3 code issue and need for CML library info
- re-arrange python code under SVN
- ED, 2 min
- IW90, 19 m
- RC, 3m
- ED 27m
- RC 1
- RC 12
- Web page of docs: http://www.copleycontrols.com/Motion/Downloads/accelnetEtherData.html
thur nov 26
- 9am-1:30p -45
- review eddy current document, eddy current sensor pcb code
- JR3 code testing development, integration
- 2:30pm - 7:30p
- looking into problem with lifefix
- retuned velocity loop
- working on JR3 integration to run_lifefix_v3, find bug in JR3 wrapper
wed nov 25
- 9am - 11am
- testing, debug JR3 library, discussions w/ED. The new time stamp code causes a free error.
- OOO k2hall layout
- 45 mins : PCB spiral code for eddy current. discuss w/RC re coming SM memo
- working on JR3 code integration for LF
- purchased dinner from TD for 3 of us
tue nov 24
- 3:30pm - 10:20pm
- work w/GG on framework and how to test
- work w/CA on Rev300 pcb
- test JR3 wrapper
- test LF
mon nov 23
- 4 hrs - OOO - emg PCB development
- meet w/DG - discuss lifefix, V2, white noise
- look into parameters for WB tuning
- meet w/RC discuss LRC and boost cvt model
sun nov 22
- 4 hrs - OOO - develop port mapper, and getdigin command to msg system
- 30 mins - eddy current sensor reseach
sat nov 21
- 2 hrs - OOO - working on SPI message system
fri nov 20
- 9am - 12:45am
- email re tuning, discussion w/RN re boost, email summary of boost
- 1 hr - inductor search, core loss calculations, air core toroid program
- 30 mins : bench testing of 300-217-010
- 2 hr : OOO - code development, start SPI library.
thur nov 19
- 25 mins - phone, email dealing with Rev300 cracks and testing plan.
- 30 mins - review boost converter schematic.
- 30 mins - assist w/tuning, discussion w/Gary re RTOS
- 1hr - testing R300-217 PCA.
- 4 hrs -OOO - message code development.
wed nov 18
- 25 mins discuss re boost converter model w/RC
- WM10211-ND is the 4" length
- on digikey you can list all the lengths - with the following search terms:
- molex 21020 "24 pos"
tue nov 17
- 20 mins email to RN re boost converter.
- 2 hrs - many emails / interruptions throughout day. email GG re inventory file
- 3 hrs - OOO - code development - lib_tic_timer, uart_msg.
- evening phone discussion w/RC referenced in email
mon nov 16
- demo of S3 to RIC
- return to BOS
sun nov 15
- purchase laptop and configure, travel to RIC
sat nov 14
- 12pm - 7:30p -15
- getting S3 operational - exponential voltage mode - SM wasn't running due to run level
- acoustic measurements
- 403 5000 : tau=5%
- 401 -3000 -34000
fri nov 13
- boost converter design
- prepare S3 for acoustic experiment
- High side current monitor ICs: INA168-9, INA138-9, INA270-1, INA210,211,212,4,9 INA 193,196,197
- INA139 CMRR -~60db @ 1Mhz w/G=100
- INA209 - I2C high side current and voltage measurement.
- INA210-214 H&L side, offer high gain, but not enough common mode rejection @ 1MHz (-40db), and also only 10khz BW (or less), allows DC offset and thus is bi-directional
- INA200-202 - gain to 100khz, but not enough CMRR and PSRR
- INA203-205 - current shunt montor w/2 comps - 500khz - TSSOP14
- INA193-198 - voltage output, 100khz, 50db CMRR @ 1mhz
- AD8211 - H&Low side, high BW, good CMRR, gain=20
- AD8212 - adjust gain, but BW decreases w/gain
- AD8213 - dual monitor, G=20, MSOP10, high and low side
- 7pm mac book order.
- 8pm - 1am
- prepare S3 for acoustic experiment
thur nov 12
- emails re SVN and SWIFI builds with GG and CA
- boost converter design in morning in office
- boost converter design in afternoon at LAB
- meet with RN and RC in evening
- 4amp half bridge driver : http://focus.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/tps28225.pdf
- schottky - sod-323 : http://www.nxp.com/acrobat_download/datasheets/PMEG3020EH_EJ_3.pdf
wed nov 11
- 90 mins : boost converter analysis
- 3pm - 1:30am
- assist w/boost converter project
- implement supply voltage correction to MC.
tue nov 10
- 15 mins : emails
- OOO 3 hrs - commutations development
- OOO 2 hrs - hal_lib development
- discuss LF and SC w/DG, software w/GG, JR3 w/ED SM w/RC
mon nov 9
- 2.5 hrs :
- emails w/RN re SM vision, GG and CA re battery packs, w/RC re status
- phone discuss JR3 w/ED
- re-route, complete WIP4d routing of wip4e
- OOO 4 hrs developing new MPD style communication algorithms.
sun nov 8
- 2 hrs
- OOO WIP4d and WIP4e work
- OOO review xilinx options
sat nov 7
- 4 hrs
- 000 worked on WIP4d and WIP4e - decided to make EMG a seperate daugerboard.
- OOO review Xilinx and TI DSPs
fri nov 6
- email, record keeping, submit SVN changes after install new version, issues resolving conflicts.
- OOO 5 hrs - worked on WIP4d and WIP4e, and EMG4 interface
thur nov 5
- 9am - 1:20pm -25
- email about the boost converter project.
- review possibilities of using pic32 in SWIFI, and on robot SC
- will need to wire PGC2, and PGC2 to pins 16,17.
- also errata states that TDO outputs a clock signal at times... doesn't appear to be issue on either SWIFI or SC
- developing (floating point) code for the function generator.
- develop simple malloc
- 5pm - 8:15pm
- order PIC32s
- improve SVN distro for matlab and telemetry.
- set up backup PC for ankle tuning / collection
- tuning trial
- experiment w/use of pizeo in place of vibe motor
wed nov 4
- 10:30a - 12:20p
- wip4d routing appears to be complete.
- registry keys...
- Discuss python JR3 status w/ED
- Discuss compiler issue w/GG
- update dirs w/SVN changes at bench.
- 4:15pm - 7:45pm -30
- discuss python status w/ED, order on method of passing back data on command line
tue nov 3
- 8:00a - 12:15p
- add registry entries for use of MILE encoder, instant on.
- expansion of keys and documentation
- experiment with twiki
- make wip4c revisions - create wip4d
- continue re-organization of support scripts
- setup SWIFI for use in lab.
- setup SWIFI for use in lab.
- modify keys registry methods, hash won't be used on robot, PC will verify the whole table.
- SVN issues w/wip4d. and routing.
mon nov 2
- 10:25a-1:30pm -15 min
- emails re plans for today. locate robots, MW re ankle block diagram.
- contact Alena re locating robots
- review rev300 schematics, contact MR, make minor changes to IMU
- complete and mail invoice
- 2:55p - 5:40p (-20 mins)
- completed review of final schematics.
- start re-organization of python / matlab support tools
- 5:50pm - 8:15pm
- meet w/GG and CA - review programming and real-life software debugging!
sun nov 1
- deliver cable to track.
- SVN updates.
- work on invoice.
- meet w/PB re O2meter.
- review some data sets from track study, make sure there are .m, .py tools copied over to assist.