Upd 2x0 218 controller
PF Users Navigation:
- PCB; Lifefix_users; Pf_users; benchtest_users; CalibFix Users; Hardware; Assembly ; iochan ;
- PCA : PCB ; AKENC SC/MC 218 ; FET 217 ; IMU219 ; Swifi ; Rev200_mods ; PCA Inventory
- Special Commands to the Ankle (PFCMD) : State Controller Commands; Motor Controller Commands; Python Examples; IMU Commands ;PFCMD_PY; Pf_calb_table_py; Virtual spring test; PF EEPROM
- DOC: Pf_users; Powerfoot Keyboard User Interface; Steps for Manual Tuning; "Dashboard" Program For Assisting with Tuning
- NEW (CEB) WIKI
- Torque Feedback Controller Guide
- 1 summary
- 2 datasheets
- 3 SC/MC 2x0-218 PCA
- 4 ECOs
- 5 rev 300 mods for DIGITAL SSI interface on EXT
- 6 218 300-310 ECOs for use with RMB20 and BSENC1
- 7 SC/MC board tests
Last update 10-30-09:
- 1 - status unknown, available
- 6 - status unknown, available - CEB has a LAB.
- 7 - believed to be operational, available
- 8 - believed to be operational, used with lifefixture, has lifefix ECO [DO NOT USE ON ROBOT]
SC/MC 2x0-218 PCA
- 8-6-09 : found on bench. MC doesn't seem to be powered (unable to program)
- (date unknown - June???) location AK-WB2
- 8-6-09 : running overnight stress test (+5a, -5a, +5, -5, 3sec off)
- 8-??-09 : reveived from MPD
- 4-27-09 : will start testing.
- needs R233 and R222 shorted (solder ball)
- location (IW)
- 4-16-09 : SHORTED R233 and R222 to enable local VBAT MEASUREMENT. DONT CONNECT EXTERNAL BATTERY CABLE
- location ceb benchtest (MIT), used for code dev
- 10-29-09 : used for early bench test experiments w/217-005
- 4-25-09 : has problem with MC reset
- 4-2-09 : start bench test at 3:10am (w/217-006), finished 2pm - works well!
- 10-24-09 : measure real time clock coin cell voltage as 2.626V
- D14 : TP82 to TP42 = -0.370V
- R128=1.3mV -> 26nA
- 4-6-09 : start bench test at 2am; finished 9:10pm (w/217-007) works well.
- 12-9-09 : USe on the lifefix
- has LIFEFIX ECO, has BATTERY ECO, has MILE ECO
- 10-29-09 : DO NOT INSTALL INTO ROBOT.
- 8-30-09 : modified temp measurement for lifefix. C73=10nF, R102=2.0k
- modified for MILE encoder
- location (6-26-09) - used for CEB code development at lab
- 11-3-09 : updated with -753 firmware, started calibration
- 11-1-09 : pair Upd_2x0_218_controller#200-218-009 218-009 Upd_2x0_217_power_board#200-217-009 217-009 believe to be successfully stress tested
- 10-29-09 : installed in S3 when it was acting up.
- location AK-WB1 ???
- 4-2-09 : ran bench test for 1.5 hrs with 217-010
Enables measurement of the battery voltage without an external battery data cable.
- solder ball / zero ohm resistor across R222 and R233
Allows the EC30-MILE encoder to be connected to MC, increases output clock voltage.
- Disconnect pin6 of D10 from the signal Hall.C;
- On J10 (5pin x 1.25mm header) install a 4.7k 0603 resistor between pin 4 (5VDMC) and pin 3 (HALL_C).
- Replace R86 with a 220 ohm 0402
- 1 GND
- 2 VCC (5)
- 3 N-
- 4 N+
- 5 B-
- 6 B+
- 7 A-
- 8 A+
- 9 GND
- 10 VCC
- 11 SSI-DAT (to HALL.A)
- 12 SSI-CLK (to HALL.C)
Increases cutoff frequency of the analog temperature measurement signal. The 'battery temperature' signal represents the loadwasher force.
- replace C73 w/10nF, 0402 NPO
- replace R102 w/2.0K, 1%, 0402
rev 300 mods for DIGITAL SSI interface on EXT
These ECO permits the connection of an RMB20SC, or CB's AKENCx PCAs AKENC
- EXT_AN0 - modify for high speed digital input to MC
- replace R207 w/1k (1% resistor)
- replace C135 with a 1.6K (1%) resistor
- EXT_AN1 - (use as analog input) - disconnect AA HALL SENSOR
- remove R94
- ANALOG_EXTPWR - switch to 5V
- remove R226 and R228 (if installed)
- short R227 (w/0 ohm 0402 or solder ball)
- HALL_B signal requires no change (goes to MC via 1k)
* J8 / AKENC3d * 1 (gnd BLK) -> P1 (gnd) * 3 (+5 RED) -> P2 (+5) * 4 (an0 GRN) -> P5 (an0 - P24.MISO) * 6 (Hlb BLU) -> P6 (dig0 - MC.SPI_CLK)
RMB20SC (highest resolution) connection
- SC J8.1 (GND) to RMB20 GND
- SC J8.3 (EXTPWR) to RMB20 Vdd
- SC J8.4 (EXT AN0) to RMB20 DATA+
- SC J8.6 (HALL_B) to RMB20 CLOCK+
- RMB20SC has differential driver IC "LB197Q" that would require biasing to receive CMOS logic. Thus remove this IC from the RMB20 and attach directly to the IC pads.
218 300-310 ECOs for use with RMB20 and BSENC1
On the 218-301 and 218-310 (Rev 301, 310 SC / MC boards) MPD has only made some of the SSI encoder changes that we need. Here is a summary of what is needed for each revision.
BS encoder support:
- Rev 310 : C74=DNP, we should populate C74=1.6k to protect the ADC.
- Rev 301 : Need to change R76 from 49.9k to 1k, and C74 from 3.3nF to 1.6K
For the RMB20 :
- Rev 310 : No ECOs are required
- Rev 301 : C135=DNP, change to C135=1.6K to protect the ADC
SC/MC board tests
- Measure RTC voltage (TP14 to GND), with SC powered, and with SC not-powered